Monday 12 November 2012

Hordes & Warmachine: Tacticas and Forums

Don't know how most people approach a new game and what steps they take in order to get into it. Personally, I go on a reading spree. I go on reading all I can about background/fluff, tactics guides, battle reports and so.
It so happens I am at this stage with Hordes & Warmachine by Privateer Press (PP). I have been, in the last few weeks, lurking in the forums reading as many articles of the "How to play Army/warcaster/warlock X" variety. Unfortunately, PP's forums have certain issues and most of the time are unavailable. I don't know, and I don't care about the technicalities behind that. I do care about the fact that I can't access them when I want though.  At first I thought I would just copy-paste the posts  I am most interested in, in a word file and then read them when I please.



Warmachine & Hordes logo


...But hold on!!! I got a blog now. One which supposedly is about this kind of stuff. So why not just post them here as a convenient place for me, or anyone else, to read those guides/articles. Therefore, in the following days I will posting several tactical guides from those wonderful people on the Privateer Press forums. I do not wish to get  credit for these guides, nor do I pretend that the posts here are a substitutes for the original forums threads, with their continuous feedback and comments.

  To recap:

  • I will be reproducing the tacticas form PP forums here, due to the technical problems with their forums (causing them to be unavailable).
  • All credit goes to the original authors. Hats off and respect to the time and effort they put in.
  • I will be doing some minor editing and inserting some personal thoughts here and there. Wherever that is done, it will be clearly indicated.
  • These posts are not a substitute for anything. Forums threads have a tenths, some even hundreds, of posts with comments and feedback and a continuous discussion which are invaluable.

So without further ado, I will be starting with, the army I have chosen to start with, Circle Orboros, the warlocks that are at the top of my list, currently Kromac and Grayle.

No comments:

Post a Comment